Wednesday 11 September 2019

MISSED


I've been away from this blog for a few days as I felt that I'd been neglecting THE WINE GUY blog so had to write a few new posts.



I've also been a bit busy with things around the house, some seaside activities, gym, bike-riding and I attended a PROBUS meeting yesterday . PROBUS is a social group for oldies (I was the youngest there by at least a decade). It's a bit like ROTARY or LIONS but without the community commitment - fundraising etc.
They have, once a month, a guest speaker and one of the group (there were about 60 people there), has a turn to tell a bit about their life. It's gentle and caring and I can see the benefit of this to people, particularly those who have lost a partner. There were a few of those because, quite frankly it's kind of a holding pen for the cemetery.

I haven't been away creating and writing on a "new higher echelon of blogging".
I don't have a need to "sound a bit special" even if some people think so.

I note that my absence of a few days hasn't gone unnoticed with 100% of the readership writing posts on this obviously strange event. It's nice to be missed I guess.






2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Glad you are in PROBUS. I have clients who tell me about it. They get out and do and see some really interesting things.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, us old retired people need interesting things in our lives. It's a pity that with your beliefs you won't retire this side of being 80.