Monday 13 January 2020

EGMONT

NOT THIS




THIS


Egmont Street in Wellington is the address of The Old Girl's new apartment that she is signing up for for 2020. I think the lease starts up next week so there will be some 'dead' rent for a couple of weeks until she starts work down there but given the pressure on accomodation in central Wellington it was necessary to make the immediate commitment. It's a 2 bedroom furnished roomy apartment with, I think, plenty of storage space and a carpark.

Here are some pics:











This should be adequate for a year and I'm pleased that she found one that she liked. Some of the offerings were pretty awful and it's important to have a nice environment when you are working and living away from home. I'll be coming down each month so the apartment won't look so tidy when I'm there although the green bathroom will hide any pee, toothpaste, spit and sneeze splashes.

We'll have to get cracking now and quickly sell or rent out our Auckland apartment.

Busy, busy, busy.


7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sing out if there is anything I can do to help down here.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks, I'll let you know.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think I cleaned that apartment once.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Only once?
It's probably pretty filthy then.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Those old apartments can have a problem with mould and condensation around the windows. I would have removed it but it is probably best to have an initial clean before moving in!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The blurb said that it's double glazed so hopefully the condensation issue is fixed.

Any other negatives you can think of?
I know that it's earthquake zone listed and that strengthening has to be done next year.
It's not built on top of a rubbish tip is it?
What about tsunamis? I guess that it's on the flat.
Burglars? Vandals? Noisy neighbours? Bikies? Gang members? God-botherers? National voters?
Let me know so that I can rain on Lynn's parade.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'd pay Robert $100 to stand outside for two days and whistle Catholic tunes.