Saturday 11 January 2020

THERE AND BACK AGAIN

I kayaked out to the sandbank, evading idiot boaties on the way. It was like a motorway out there.
I wandered about for about an hour taking some snaps and recording the band playing some Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix and other good old favourites.

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE


PURPLE HAZE

Now the more astute of you might notice that these cover versions were not by STONE BLUE, the band that was playing from the boat at the sandbank. Well done you. STONE BLUE did play these songs quite well and I did record them but my Panasonic camera seemed to have other ideas and there were no recordings when I went to download them.

Bummer!

I did get lots of photographs though. Here are some of them:












There weren't as many people out there as in previous years but I decided to kayak back home early rather than run the risk of pissed-up idiots running me over. I went over at about 1.30PM. It's now 4,30PM and I can still hear the band playing. Soon, as the tide starts to come in there will be a mad scramble to get off the rapidly submerging sandbank (the speed of the incoming tide always surprises people). I hope that they all get off safely.

It's an absolutely cracker day here. It's too hot to play golf but I did get a good workout on the kayak. I'm now enjoying a glass of Optima gewurtztraminer, sitting on the deck listening to National Radio (and STONE BLUE) and doing The Listener crosswords.

How has your day been?

6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Well done to our correspondent up north. Now its back to RBB.

Richard (of RBB) said...

My day?
Got rid of a big box that belonged to Crazy Annie. Commented on Robert the Abortion Is Murder Guy's blog. Wondered why people seldom say thanks when you do something for free. Made dinner, practised and drank some chardonnay. Over all a good day.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK. Well done.
Thanks.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Over all should be one word. Bloody spell check!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Don't beat yourself up over it. Have another chdonhay.

IRASCIBLE OLD BASTARD said...

"practised and drank some chardonnay. "

What?
One would think that at your age and experience you could just go straight into drinking the damned chardonnay without having to practise first.