Thursday 9 January 2020

TODAY*

* A boring title I know.

Today I played tennis for a few hours and then got stuck into making bookings for the next 6 months.
I purchased return tickets to Wellington each month from April to September. I didn't bother with March as I'm thinking of driving down then. I can take clothing and essential items down and leave in the apartment that The Old Girl is going to rent. This means that on my flights I won't need any luggage.

After September I'll hopefully book some more Grab A Seat deals to carry through as long as The Old Girl decides to stay in Wellington. The deals are pretty good. I paid $39 each way for the Whangarei/Auckland fares and $49 each way for the Auckland/Wellington fares. I added in $20 cancellation insurance for each return booking but even so the savings are great. Normal or off-special fares Auckland/Wellington can be over $300 one way and Auckland/Whangarei over $200.
The bus from Whangarei to Auckland costs $33 and then another $18 to get to the airport so $39 flight fare airport to airport is exceptional working out cheaper than by bus.

Things are moving on.

The weather is more settled up here after a very windy and crappy week or two. I played golf yesterday and will do so again later today.

*******************

If you missed this on National Radio go to this link. It's interesting:

JAZZ COVERS OF POP HITS

8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thanks. All those fares will be handy to know if I ever decide to drive up north, then fly back to Wellington, then fly back up north, then drive back to Wellington.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

THE CURMUDGEONS INC. prides itself on being of assistance.

Richard (of RBB) said...

It's almost like this post was written by Richard Clayderman. Just saying.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes.
1.Are you not wearing clothes when you fly?
2.You are paying $110 dollars for each of six months.
Surely it would be cheaper to buy a cat litter box and stay in Wellington the entire time!
3. The weather I think you will find is just as settled here as up there!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"1.Are you not wearing clothes when you fly?"

What?

"2.You are paying $110 dollars for each of six months."

No, with extras including cancellation insurance this is $250 a month.

"Surely it would be cheaper to buy a cat litter box and stay in Wellington the entire time!"

My cat died just over a year go. We won't have any more pets (except maybe pet peeves which no doubt I'll share with you on your next posts).

"3. The weather I think you will find is just as settled here as up there!"

What?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Richard Clayderman wears clothes when he plays the piano.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Does he?
I wouldn't know.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Don't be a crank.