Wednesday 15 January 2020

ORAL FIX ASIAN?

I had my third root canal  session at the dentist yesterday. This cost another $450! Total for the three sessions is now about a thousand dollars. I got $450 back from AA health cover though.

The sessions were each about an hour long which is a long time to keep your gob open while the dentist - Mr Phang from China - and his assistant wittered on about the procedure and their holidays. I hate this part of going to the dentist (and hairdressers).
Every now and then something was said that was relevant to me and my ears pricked up.

Things you don't mind hearing when at the dentist:


  • "That's good"
  • "Mix some filler now please nurse"
  • "We'll just finish up now"
Things you don't want to hear when at the dentist:

  • "Uh oh"
  • "Oh dear"
  • "We'd better do that again"
  • "Did you see where that drill bit went nurse?"

I have to go back again for a broken tooth on the other side and Mr Phang said I have a cracked filling on another molar. Bummer! This is going to be expensive. I pushed out the next appointment to February to get over the shock and to save up some money.






Mr Phang is a good dentist - one of the best I've had and teeth are important and well worth spending money on but hell's bells, it's always a shock when you have to fork out a lot of dosh for it.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Badate lucky. Tale a break.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry had my phone set in italian text.
That was supposed to say, "Bad luck. Take a break."