Monday 13 January 2020

I CAN'T HELP IT

I promised The Old Girl after taking a tumble a while ago when looking for golf balls that I wouldn't do this anymore.

GOLF IS DANGEROUS

I rejoined the golf club before Christmas and have been getting out several times a week to play about 8 or 9 holes. While there I concentrate on my walking (fast) for fitness and my golf strokes and try to avoid going down the creek along the 4th fairway. Even so I occasionally 'have a peek' and have been finding some balls.

Yesterday I emptied out the golf bag as it was getting a bit heavy and took out the golf balls that I'd collected over the last few weeks. I put them in the sink at the end of the house to give them a wash. Yes, you heard that right, a wash. It's easier to find your ball on the fairway if it's shiny and clean.



I did a quick count and there are 118 of the little suckers.

Don't tell The Old Girl.

1 comment:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I found another 14 balls today.*





* You know the rules.