Friday 17 January 2020

SOME PICTURES TELL A STORY

Richard (of Richard's Bass Bag) posted a photograph of himself with his brother circa 1957.


They were a funny lot those Garden Road boys probably because of the overconsumption of fizzy drinks.

The picture reminded me of similar ones taken of me and my brother at about the same time so I trawled through the albums and found this one,


This was taken at a Christmas party I think and the overconsumption by us was likely of cream cakes especially chocolate eclairs that we used to make a bee-line for and demolish at functions to the point where mum used to ban us from the buffet tables.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You developed this story well.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

We should bring back neck ties.

Richard (of RBB) said...

And bicycle clips.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Drinking straws are out but party hats are still in.