Wednesday 15 January 2020

"SCRARK - KWE-AAAR"

I still have my battle with seagulls - actually red-billed gulls to be precise.


When I put some sugared bread out for the little birdies these voracious buggers turn up.

My old pal the karoro (black-backed gull) that lives on the beach just in front of our house doesn't do this. I like him or her. He or she has lived here for years. I don't know if it has a surviving partner.
Karoro say's things like "ga-ga-ga" and "garw-www". I prefer this to the red-bill's screeching.



Heres a clip of me chasing away the red bills. This was captured by the Arlo camera I've installed at the front of the house. The definition is very good. I've installed one at the rear as well.





5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"When I put some sugared bread out for the little birdies these voracious buggers turn up."
Are you trying to poison the 'little birdies'?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, some bread soaked in lightly sugared water is safe.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No, it's not. Only the holy trinity could eat that.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, one of them is a holy seagull.

Anonymous said...


UPDATE OVERDUE!


The Fill In Curmudgeon