Saturday 6 June 2020

JOB DONE

I'm not a handyman - I've told you that before.

The Venetian blind in the study was faulty so needed to be replaced.



It had been there since Christ was a cowboy and these things, when the strings go, aren't worth fixing even if you can find someone to do the job.



"Buy a new one pardner"
I've been looking on-line for a replacement blind for a while. It hasn't been easy because of the height of the window (2 metres) and there were no 'off-the-rack' options. The bespoke ones were going to cost 3 to 4 hundred dollars!
Yesterday I spied some at SPOTLIGHT which, while not being exactly the same measurements at the original. weren't far off. I thought I'd take a chance.
I drove into town, found SPOTLIGHT and the blind and was pleasantly surprised when, at the counter, the salesperson told me that instead of $220, my blind was on special at 50% off - $110.
Great. Even if it didn't fit properly it was a bargain.

I installed it this morning and, joy of joy, it fits better than the original which overlapped the edges of the window. This one fits snugly in over the glass panels only.




Even better, when I sent a pic to The Old Girl she was pleased and said "Well done Matey". Normally she dreads it when I try to fix anything around the house. See: HERE

1 comment: