Saturday 6 June 2020

WHAT I DID THIS EVENING


Ya ..... revved up the cafe racer, got the back-warmer to hold onto the bitch bar and we blatted off to the club ....






Actually, I was going to walk to the club but the knee was a bovver so I drove the 4 wheel racer (Toyota Corolla).

I'd booked for the club dinner with Jazz - the jazz being John Leigh Calder with a couple of locals to make up a trio.



I'd seen Calder in his quartet a couple of times at the club. He was due to return to the UK to catch up with his family in March but got caught in the lockdown and, as he said, he's been stuck on his own in a room for the last couple of months. It was good of the club to arrange this 'do' which was very good.

I have some nice clips but Aunty Google won't let me upload them to this post.

Never mind, here's a picture of tonight's moon rising above Mount Manaia instead.



The club is just below this mountain.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Nice to see you supporting jazz! My brother Daryl sent a picture (on Facebook) to Ron Carter and he replied to say he loved it and asked if he could put it up on his site.

THE CURMUDGEON said...


I don't know who owns the rights to the picture. I hope it doesn't get anyone in trouble.
It's a great poster and I'd like to get a copy to frame which will go "straight to the pool room".

Richard (of RBB) said...

It was a painting of Ron that my mother did.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry, I wrote the first comment after a long day and missed the bit about my mum's painting out.