Tuesday 23 June 2020

"OLD AND MANKY - IT'S GOT TO GO" *

* No, not the Old Girl referring to me - she was talking about the old deck outside the bedroom and kitchen.




I was woken this morning by a large truck equipped with a crane that backed up the driveway.
It was delivering a load of wood for the replacement decking outside the kitchen.

Looking West to East

Looking East to West


There's a small section around the corner as well that has to be replaced but I guess you get the idea.


Here's the load of decking timber to go down once the old stuff is pulled up.



I'll store the old planks under the deck and, when sufficiently dried out will cut up for firewood and use some of the best lengths for a walkway in the ceiling once the attic ladder is installed.


How's your day going?



1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Better now that I know the three things to watch out for with screw caps.