Tuesday 16 June 2020

THANKS RICHARD

Richard of Richard's Bass Bag fame* visited today and we went for an adventure in Wellington.

The day was wet, cold and windy as indeed, at some times so were we.
We drove to Karaka Bay Road and had lunch at Scorch o Rama at Scorching Bay (Richard thought we were at Breaker Bay but he is getting a bit old). This was great and then we had a nostalgic drive around the bays to Island Bay looking at all the places we used to drive the Murray Robert's delivery truck to in the 1970s.



Going through Berhampore, Newtown and down Adelaide Road threatened to be like one of Richard's (in)famous mystery tours but, to be fair, it was more me pointing out places of interest like old St Annes school where I used to throw Christine Griffin's beret up onto the church roof. We had earlier been discussing school and university girlfriends - Helen McFaull and Hillary McNamara for me (7th and 6th form respectively) although Hillary was unrequited as I was too shy to introduce myself to her.
Richard in turn had Mary Antunovich as a girlfriend at university and an unknown and unnamed girl he regularly watched through  the bus window when in the 6th form. Oh glory days!**

We went looking for a JB shop to buy a JBL GO2 speaker that Richard recommended, finally, after actually looking up an address, finding a store in Willis Street.


This little device is cheap, very portable and works well. Thanks Richard. I'll leave it in the apartment for Lynn. I'm listening to Steely Dan via Bluetooth and my phone at the moment. I might buy another one later ($59) for use at home.













* Or so he claims

** Not.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, today was good fun. I enjoyed your girlfriend stories but still can't understand how you managed to get a long term woman like Lynn. Was it my teaching?