Thursday 11 June 2020

TOWN GEAR*

* What the 'man about town' wears in his city pad nowadays'.

I arrived in Wellington last night and, compared to up north where I normally live, found it to be a bit cool. Not 'cool' like the 'man about town' but cool as in temperature.

Today, when walking around the city, when stepping in shadows or into a cold wind I decided to buy some warmer clothes.
I don't want a lot of new clothes as quite frankly, like most people of my age, I've got enough to last me until I 'pop my clogs'. At home I get by 10 months of the year in shorts and T shirts so don't want a lot of extra, warm stuff. I was looking for some warmish track pants - ones that can be worn both indoors and outdoors. I was a bit disappointed at the selections I saw in the three or four shops I visited. To be fair I was visiting the budget end of the market or those stores that mark ordinary stuff uP ridiculously highly and then discount back by 50%. Nothing suited so tomorrow or on the weekend I'll go to some higher quality shops.

I did find though, in Farmers, some 'lounge pants' and matching shirt. Up north I have 'house pants' that I wear in winter. These are a wool/cotton blend in tartan that are just the thing and don't look too out of place if you wear them outside to the letterbox or to put the rubbish out. I draw the line at going shopping in town though as they have a loose and rather dodgy fly.

The ones I found today are the Mazzoni brand.


They are 60% cotton (the rest being some synthetic crap) and are a nice navy blue. That's not me modelling them above but I imagine that I won't look any different. Anyway, who cares as I won't be going out in them.

The top is also navy blue and in the same material.



Again, not me, and certainly not after the severe haircut I got today.

Now some of you might ask why the items weren't sold and advertised together. I will then remind them that THESE ARE NOT BLOODY PYJAMAS.

OK?

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Ok but just don't wear slippers when visiting those cool bars in Courtenay Place.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Richard set the trend for wearing old man slippers when out in public. Do you want me to go against that?