Friday 5 June 2020

LIKE, YOU KNOW, IT'S FRIDAY

Richard is at school today - the third day in a row apparently.
I hope that he's teaching those kids proper pronounciation, punctureation, spilling and grammer like wot Robert' does:



It's been raining in Nuova Lazio for a couple of days. Is that news? Hardly as Nuova Lazio is in greater Wellington and it is nearly winter. It rains in Wellington in the winter. A lot. It also blows 🌬 but don't get the wrong idea with that image.

I warned Lynn about Wellington winters and I don't think she really appreciates how horrible they can be. Maybe, when she's clinging to a lamp-post in Willis Street with an icy Southerly  penetrating the three layers of clothes she will have to be wearing will make her think - "You know? That old guy was right".

Well, we've had a few days of rain and high winds but, up north it doesn't get too cold. I'm off to town soon to buy a new Venetian blind for the study and some lamp timers. As it's now nice and sunny I might stop off on the way back to play some golf - don't tell Lynn. I hurt my knee at tennis on Tuesday and have been hobbling about a bit but I need to get out.

5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Wh nds Pncttn? The Hebrews didn't need vowels.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And look where that's got them.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Their own independent state of Israel?

Richard (of RBB) said...

That used to be Palestine. I think that's called stealing.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s goods.”

The Tenth Commandment forbids the wanting to or taking someone else’s property. Along with the Seventh Commandment, this commandment condemns theft and the feelings of envy, greed, and jealousy in reaction to what other people have.