Monday 29 June 2020

SPLISH SPLASH ......





I played 9 holes of golf today - some good, some bad.

On the 4th I went down to the creek - the source of many a good golf ball.
The rains we've had recently meant that the water levels were higher than usual and the stream that I can normally jump over was a mini torrent.

I got over one way, going a bit further downstream and making my way across on some big rocks and some concrete paving stones that were in the water. I found a few balls but as my golf trundler was just across from me, instead of going back down and around I decided to cross right there.
I found a large tree branch in the undergrowth. It was like a long log but of irregular shape. I struggled with it to the stream and dropped it to form a bridge. It looked OK.
Halfway across though the 'log' turned and I fell in to the fast flowing stream Splish splash!
It wasn't deep but I went in up to me elbows and knees making my footwear, golf glove, T-shirt and shorts all wet. 



It was a very uncomfortable last 5 holes.

I'm glad no-one was around to see.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Let's hope that Lynn doesn't read this post!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

True.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Been swimming again today?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, tennis this morning but it did rain a bit.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Reminded me of a repeating dream I have.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Reminded me of a repeating dream I have."

OK, tell us.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Oops, no, best to keep that to yourself if it's anything like those other dreams and fantasises you have.