Monday 6 December 2021

AFTER J.D.*


Now you wouldn’t believe me if I told you, but old Robert of Robert's weird catholic blog wrote a pretty good post once. I guess you've never heard of him or his blog since he deletes all of his posts and sometimes the entire blog on a continual basis so I don't blame you but yes, he did write a pretty good post once.
When I say pretty good you have to understand that it's comparative. Comparative to all his other posts on his previous blogs that were pretty awful really. Also comparative to Richard's blogs. Who? I hear you ask and that's fair. Richard writes posts on a blog that you've never heard of called Richard's Bass Bag. These range from interesting to goddam awful. He was born about three hundred years ago and frankly this shows in his writing as he's a bit of a fuddy-duddy obsessed with correct grammar and stringed musical instruments. You should check him out, on second thoughts don't bother unless you want something to read to get you to sleep.

Here's what Robert wrote:


Now I'm not saying that this is hot stuff you know because as I already told you you have to compare it with his other stuff which is very corny and phony. You don't have to read it and that's your right you also don't have to read Richard's stuff either but then maybe you should as a comparison to see how good Robert's stuff is.
Here's Richard's latest stuff: ......


...which is only an excerpt because I'm writing this on my laptop which doesn't have a large enough screen to be able to do a screenshot of the whole damned thing - phony laptop! But you get the idea right? Richard considers himself to be very hot stuff. You probably don't know about his blog Richard's Bass Bag which I previously told you about but don't bother is my advice.

I forgot to tell you the main part. Robert who usually bangs on about god, the virgin Mary, the Holy Ghost and Jesus who I suspect he's secretly in love with and wants to eat has now taken to quoting some old Japanese guy named Hans Kung who was excommunicated by the Vatican so he can't be that bad. Robert might at last be on the right track here and I hope that he reads old Hans's words properly and doesn't misinterpret them but hey ho, that's unlikely. let's just hope that Robert doesn't own a gun or something that's all I'm saying.



-* I'm reading The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger at the moment.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'll give you a comment if you give me one.

Richard (of RBB) said...

This post is an example of how posts should be constructed. Well done TC. If I get time I might even read it. I hope there's a dream sequence. What the hell! I'm so happy I'm going to make a deliberate grammitacil mistake. Okay, it was really a spelling mistake. Caught out twice!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"I'm reading The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger at the moment".
So at the moment you wrote the blog you were reading Salinger?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

To be caught out in a misplaced modifier or inappropriate verb tense by Robert is like having a vegan cook me a full English breakfast.