Friday 24 December 2021

GOLF, TENNIS, CHAINSAW, GOD

 I've taken some time to write some long and researched posts recently. For all the good that has done, particularly with regard to Robert and his attention span of a goldfish, I might as well have been pissing into my own ear.

Looking at Robert's own posts he doesn't put much thought or effort into these, preferring to copy a silly quotation from some long dead and discredited fool, adding a bit of nonsense about catholicism and finishing with a very brief note on what takeaway food or supermarket ready meal he plans to have for dinner. Like his blogging, his cooking too is a thing of laziness and lack of inspiration.

Anyway, for no good reason this post follows his format.

I played golf on Wednesday for the first time in nearly 3 months. I played outstandingly (for me) and the new (second hand from Trade Me) clubs worked really well. I played 8 holes and only duffed up two shots and I found 6 golf balls! My back was a bit sore afterwards and I had to have a long soak in the bath with Epsom salts and Radox.

Yesterday I played tennis and tried a new serve which went well. "What's happened to your spin serves" they asked "not that we miss them". Oh the banter at the tennis club is scintillating. Robert would be impressed but Richard would just sit there glumly looking for grammatical errors. My back was fine afterwards but .....

..... I chopped up about 20 long pieces of old decking wood with my chainsaw in the afternoon, giving me about 160 bits of wood for the wood-burner. I had to stop at 20 because the battery was fading, the saw was getting blunt and my back was hurting. The deck wood is extremely hard and it was tough getting through it even with my trusty EGO battery chainsaw.

I had a long soak in a bath with Epsom salts and Radox and feel better today.

Lat night's tea was Tandoori roast chicken salad.

Sort of like this.

What about god you might ask?  Nothing. It doesn't exist.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

What did you miss with the proofreading?


Did you proofread?


THE CURMUDGEON said...

I couldn't copy and paste this link sorry but you can do a Google or YouTube search for: -

Stephen Fry: Kinetic Typography - Language

It's worth listening to especially for a pedantic old fusspot like you.

Richard (of RBB) said...

How was lat night's tea?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Vry noice.

Richard (of RBB) said...

God that yu enjyed it.