Monday 27 December 2021

BUILDER'S CRACK

 Now that the silly Christmas event is over and it's a normal Monday I decided to continue cutting up the old deck timber.



My EGO chainsaw will soon require sharpening but it's still dong the job, albeit slowly through the very hard deck timber  (Kwila?). I hope that, because it's so hard it hasn't been treated with CCA so should be OK for burning. If not I'll take it to the tip after New Year.



I've been making quite a racket but decided to do it today rather than on Christmas day or Boxing Day. I don't think that there's anything special about the day two days after Christmas. Maybe Robert knows if it has anything to do with the Catholic Church - perhaps Saint James The Dismembered (real) which would be appropriate to my activities.

This means that the neighbours, on both sides who are up here for Christmas in their holiday houses, won't be too disturbed other than from the view of me as a 'tradie'.



How are you spending Saint James The Dismembered day?

5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I got out the lawn mower. I can understand how Christmas is silly for those that are not the sons of God.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

So, you're a son of god now?
How did that happen?
Is old Mary (still a virgin) putting it about a bit with god and you are the result?
Please tell.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No, I'm the real son of God. Some friends call me Zeus Junior.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I've got news for you matey, some people call you things but it's not 'Zeus Junior'.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Pull your pants up!