Saturday 18 December 2021

SOME CHRISTMAS MUSINGS

 Robert isn't letting his catholic beliefs get in the way of his traditional pagan celebration of Christmas.


Why embrace austerity, charity and good will to strangers when you can indulge in fancy trinkets, baubles, wrapped up loot and lashings of food and drink?

"We are well into advent, of course, Christmas presents are under the tree. The lights are up. Fish burgers."

                                                              - Robert The Inappropriate Christian.


**********


I like blueberries and often put them on my cereal for breakfast. They have been hellishly expensive this year reaching $14 for a small punnet in Countdown supermarkets. when shopping yesterday at Pak 'n' Save I saw them at $2.99 so bought three punnets. Yummy.



 *****************

I'm happy to have get rid of the rubbish in the trailer although my back is a bit stiff today.

Now that the trailer is empty again there is a temptation to fill it again with garden rubbish so gardening is on the agenda today. When I say 'on the agenda' I've got my minion on the job while I direct operations from the safety of the deck.



                                               *****************

We don't put up Christmas trees being non-pagans and don't have any Christmas decorations. Here's a pic of The Old Girl at one of her work's Christmas functions being a Christmas fairy* though.

Keeping with the 'Blue Christmas' theme.


*********************




 A Christmas joke.







 * The Curmudgeons Inc.ⓒ wishes to state that we are an all embracing organisation and intend no slurs on the LGBQT community in the use of the word 'fairy'.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The Old Girl looks stunning in that photo. You're a lucky man.