Friday 17 December 2021

CHRISTMAS TIME - FOR SOME PEOPLE


 CHRISTMAS TIME


But say a prayer, Pray for the other ones
At Christmas time it's hard, but when you're having fun
There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear

The sentiment is still the same but you can toss that prayer thing if you want. Maybe just give some thought to the situation.

Yes it's Christmas time again, the second in this pandemic world where, remarkably given the scale of the deaths and sickness, people have taken it in their stride. Covid, its variants, vaccinations and the attendant arguments for yeah or nay  are added to the usual issues of poverty, pain and suffering for the underprivileged and whinging, moaning and indignant entitlement claims from the overprivileged. 

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Where do I sit? Probably in the middle. My whinge today is having to take a load of rubbish to the tip.


I'm not looking forward to it as:
  • I think the trailer load  is too heavy
  • I think that it's going to rain
  • The electrics aren't working on the trailer
  • My back hasn't fully recovered
  • I can't read the warrant sticker and it may be out of date
  • The All Blacks lost to Ireland and Robert thinks that Trent Horn is wonderful.
Still, I could have racist neighbours like Richard has.

I'd just better get into the Christmas spirit.




4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well that post sort of got going and then it stopped.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I had to take the trailer to the tip.
It was extremely heavy - 2120kg gross and nearly 400kgs of rubbish. It was the heaviest I've taken there and it cost $75. I'm pleased to have got that job done. Rod helped me.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good old Rod. Try not to upset him in future.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Rod can be a bit like Robert sometimes.