Friday 27 May 2022

CHEERS!

 


As I said I'd do in that previous post, I lit the fire for warmth and cheer.


While getting in kindling and wood from the woodshed I brought in extra and also lit the wood-burner in the small lounge at the end of the house. It's only 15 degrees in the house so not exactly 'arctic' but certainly cooler than we're used to. anyway it makes for a cosy environment while it's raining outside.


I'm going to be lazy today and settle in to some reading and TV watching. I'm reading David Nobbs' book 'A Bit of a Do' which is very good and funny. Nobbs also wrote the Reginald Perrin series. As I sometimes do I decided to watch the 'Bit of a Do' TV series in between reading chapters. This was screened quite a while ago but it wears very well and the actors selected match the characters in the book exactly. Maybe it was especially written for them.


So, how's your Friday shaping up?



1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Just about to write a post on Richard's Bass Bag.*







*the original bass bagging site