Monday 16 May 2022

WOODCHIPS

 First of all I wish to apologise to my readers for not updating this blog for a few days and for not following through on the promised new posts on furniture and the garden. I've been unwell - stupid health - but as I have a couple of hours to spare before having to go into town for an ultra-sound I will provide an update on the retaining wall (the furniture hasn't yet arrived and will hopefully be delivered on Wednesday. Stupid furniture company).

I'm aware that my non-posting has put undue pressure on some readers with Richard (of RBB) desperately in need of a distraction and Robert (of something or other) writing posts just for himself and desperately trying to become a saint (the Religious Curmudgeon will comment on this later).

Last Thursday the landscapers (finally) completed the task. This has taken them all of 5 months with hold-ups from Covid sickness and bad weather and The Old Girl telling them "no hurry, just come and go when you can". To be fair though they've done a nice job and it's now much tidier than it was before.


BEFORE


AFTER


Now, when I'm feeling better and The Old Girl  gets a break from work we'll back-fill with soil, woodchips and mulch and start a planting programme.

As Joni Mitchell said : "We've got to get ourselves back to the garden."


A BEAUTIFUL VERSION OF HER SONG