Friday 27 May 2022

FOR RICHARD

 The cavalry to the rescue.

Oops! Sorry, wrong one, that's calvary



.
That's better


Richard (of RBB) and his family are unwell  and I had promised another furniture post which he was apparently looking forward to. Unfortunately I have no new furniture items planned although I must replace the wooden chairs on the deck that I junked and the bar stools I gave away.

I had a quick look around and saw three items of existing furniture that I may not have reported on in the past. I quickly photographed them and hope that this little filler might tide him over.

I can't remember where we bought this little rimu cupboard from but it may well have been from the Sunday Riccarton market when we lived in Christchurch in the 1990s. It is nicely made and we keep it in the kitchen area to hold things like the spare lens for the telescope, binoculars and phone chargers.

We bought this little wine rack in York when we lived there in 2015. I don't know what the wood is but it's very solid and well-made. While we keep most of our wine in the basement, or in the fridge, The Old Girl likes to keep a few select bottles in it. It's place is at the end of the house conveniently snuggling against the wine fridge. Note: we don't chill our red wines unless they are sparkling ones.

This little escritoire is quite old and belonged to my mother. She had it for many years and we've had it now for abut 20 years. We keep it in our bedroom. It has suffered a bit from sun exposure and, sometime I might give it a revarnish. The Old Girl keeps things like gift cards, wrapping paper and ribbons in it so it's a bit of a no-go area for me.

.
Well, that's it - I'm sorry that this is such a short post but I thought that given the urgency that will be overlooked.


1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thank you. I feel like a man dying of thirst who has just been given water.



Okay, that could possibly be seen as an overreaction.