Friday 27 May 2022

NEARER MY GOD TO THEE*

NEARER MY GOD TO THEE 

It's better as a brass band tune than the sentiments expressed in the actual song:

In articulo mortis
Caelitus mihi vires
Nearer, my God, to Thee
Nearer to Thee
E'en though it be a cross
That raiseth me

I'm back after spending 4 days in the Assessment Unit at our local hospital. Yesterday it was touch and go during an endoscopic procedure and I did actually think that I could prove or disprove Robert's  belief in a god and a hereafter. I came close and may tell you about this in further detail some time.

Meanwhile, it's a funny old world still with, among other vile things, USA in Texas having the worst school shootings for a decade and a spate of gun crimes in Auckland.

Luckily Robert came out against the Texas shootings with some quotes from the Catechism and scriptures. Well done that man - that'll sort it just like the gun totin' Americans do with their 'hearts and prayers' platitudes when these things happen.

It's a miserable day here today but far, far better than sitting in a hospital room. The care and attention I received however was superb and I just cannot understand why some people are so critical of hospital care in this country. Maybe it's because I'm pleasant to the doctors, nurses and other staff.

I think that I'll light the fire in the main lounge today to 'cheer' the house up and our spirits. I guess I have to take it easy and I know that The Old Girl was worried. I discovered this morning that she had sorted out my socks, underwear and T-shirts drawers, resorting and folding everything nicely rather than the normal jumble I have them in. It's always a sign. She's back working today so I'll get the house cosy and decide on something nice for dinner (a nod to Robert there) probably Teriyaki fish and rice.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Great to have you back Peter. Write ad many furniture posts as you like.

Richard (of RBB) said...

as many

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Oh, I just assumed that you had a cold.


Thanks but I think I'll give the furniture posts a rest.

Richard (of RBB) said...

There must be a god.