Sunday 25 September 2022

GETTING OLD AND SLOW ....

 .... like me the Espresso Vita coffee maker is getting old and slow.


It groans when going through the motions, only dribbles out fluids and sometimes seizes up altogether.

I've gone through the cleaning and descaling procedures with only minimal improvement in performance. I think that the pressure seals or something are worn but know that, if I pull it apart to locate and replace these there's a very good chance that it'll never work again. I'll put up with the groaning and slowness. After all, I'm in no hurry.

The Old Girl went to Russell a couple of weekends ago and after experiencing a different coffee machine, bought one on the way home. It's one of those new-fangled (to me) De Longhi Nespresso jobs.


She loves it.

Me? I'm suspicious of it. It seems too slick and twee and I hated those George Clooney ads of a few years ago. "That's not how you make real coffee" I thought then and still do now.

I recall this TV ad:

UNCLE TOBY'S

OK, I'm a luddite and it takes me a while to take on change.

The Old Girl can enjoy her fancy new contraption. I'll persevere and persevere and persevere with my old and 'trusty' one.




4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm still a supporter of a teaspoon of Nescafe instant coffee.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano e arriva in ritardo.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ee say's Vera.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I can't drink instant coffee. It's shit.