Saturday 24 September 2022

THE SPIRIT IN THE SKY

 

"WHERE I'M GOING TO GO WHEN I DIE"


I bought a week pass to Sky Sport so today got to watch the NZ Women's Rugby 15 play against Japan and later this evening will watch the NZ Men's Rugby 15 play against Australia.

Tomorrow the NZ Men's Soccer 11 play against Australia. It's a great weekend for sport.*

The women's team and style of playing is really great. They are athletic, skilled and aggressive and score brilliant tries in both set pieces and in open play. There's a core group who come from the NZ Women's Sevens and bring their running skills and connectivity to play like the best ever All Black's teams have done. These women are excellent role models for girls and will help develop the sport - "That's for damn sure" (to quote Jack Reacher). It bodes well for the Women's Word Cup Rugby that will begin in NZ in a fortnight.

Robert's Jesus would approve I'm sure.










* Sorry Robert.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry I missed the women playing. I have a Sky Pass too. Well done the All Blacks.