Saturday 24 September 2022

SHIT (noun, verb and exclamation)

 You might remember that I've written about irresponsible dog owners taking their mutts on tracks where dogs are prohibited whether on leashes or not. This is because there are kiwi sanctuaries here.

Just in case you've forgotten here's a couple of links: HERE and HERE

That'll teach you.

As per usual the council haven't put up new signs or, if they have they've been taken down again.

Yesterday I put a 'no dogs allowed' sticker on the sign at the start of the track at the end of our road.


I expect that this will be peeled off soon and if and when it is I'll make up a stencil and spray paint on the message.

This morning I checked and the sticker is still on. Yippee!

I took a photo of this though:


Some arsehole who has parked by the wharf to fish in a pristine spot has decided to discard his old car tyre right there, by the sign. What a shithead. He's probably the same shithead who dumped snapper frames on the beach there after taking off the fillets. Some people really need a slap.


**************

Yesterday I was talking to someone I know who lives in Kaitaia a bit further north.

Kaitaia as it once was

This was once a pretty spot and on the tourist trail in Northland. It has now sadly degenerated. I asked Scotty how he enjoys living there. He said that it's now a shithole. There's rampant crime with loads of disaffected kids making things unpleasant for residents and the kids' parents don't seem to give a shit either. They dump their shit on footpaths, alongside roads and in the river and streams rather than taking it to the local tip preferring to shit over everything. Shit!

Roadside Kaitaia


This attitude really pisses me off.

I often think that New Zealanders who bitch and moan when living in lovely parts of our country really need to visit impoverished cities in India, Bangladesh, Syria, Iraq or other countries to witness families scratching a living off rubbish dumps and then return to what they have here.




1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A very good post.

I hope you've moved beyond the windows posts.