Saturday 29 June 2024

THE DAY AFTER THE MATARIKI HOLIDAY

 It's been a bit quiet on the blogs today other than Robert running some sort of dodgy quiz where he adds in questions later. I think that he was trying to dilute my impressive score where I got 1 out of 8 correct in the quiz's first manifestation. That's 12.5% in real money. I asked for a prize and then he added in 3 more questions! He was trying to reduce my % to 9%. Well, more fool him because I answered the 3 extra questions and by my calculations I should have 4 out of 11 correct - a whopping 36%! That's more than I got in my Statistics & Computing final at university.


Richard has been quiet but he may still be under the weather (I didn't know he was a shepherd). He also did a presentation today and I know how that takes it out of you.

I did some more excavating under the house today so felt a bit shattered after a few hours. Getting old sucks - ask Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

Later I did a bit of 'gym exercise' to loosen up the muscles after being cramped in the crawl space under the house - rowing, biking and stepping and then prepared dinner for The Old Girl and me (scalloped potatoes, sautéed chicken tenderloins and steamed broccoli) while sipping a glass of wine (Palmer Champagne). I feel better now.

The Old Girl has a sore back so has taken to bed to read. Me? I'll watch some more of the 'Rake' series, trawl through the YouTube documentary offerings and toddle off later.


You?

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Take care, you two. xoxo

Richard (of RBB) said...

I meant xxx.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Come on - is that Robert pretending to be you? He loves me but he has to - he's a christian.






Thanks Richard, also from Lynn. We hope you are feeling better*





* Mind you, if Shelley catches you feeling Betta you'll be in for it.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Robert chuckles.
Do you add cream and garlic to your scalloped potatoes?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Lots of garlic for sure but this time made a sauce using freshly made chicken stock and milk. It was delicious..