Tuesday 4 June 2024

"YOUR KIND OF PAINTING CAN DAMAGE THE BRAIN"

 Things are getting back to normal here after a bit of a problem during the weekend. I'm about to cook dinner (pizza - smoked salmon for her and tuna for me) and sat down to watch some old comedy on YouTube.

I'm feeling relaxed (but not washed - the plumber comes tomorrow) due to a glass of Stoneleigh Rose.

Talking of unwashed, actually 'The Great Unwashed' both what I've been reading on the blogs and watching on YouTube have come together like ... well, like things that come together.

On the blogs Robert has been banging on about his new aquarium which he has given to his stepson (check out for alligators Kylie! - A reference to Thomas Pynchon's novel 'V' there which I'm sure that readers will have picked up on). Robert has also confessed that he has rotten scrosha which is pretty brave but not surprising in this new, confess-all social media world. His more promising posts have been deleted and we are being subjected to his 'same old' Catholic missives - this time some fairy tales about angels and some classical images of Saint Michael, one of Christianity's made up super heroes like DC Comic's Superman and Batman.

In Richard's world he has managed somehow to suppress the more vitriolic and ignorant characters like Angry Jesus and Akish The Philistine but sheesh, he still comes out with some low-brow stuff like:

"I saw an image of the Mona Lisa the other night It reminded me of the look that all of my old girlfriend's gave me."


 To be fair, we all know that look and at least Richard had a go at Akish for his Philistinic values:


The YouTube videos I watched reminded me of the Philistines who run the other blogs. These are very funny and well worth a watch. They are old Peter Cook and Dudley Moore clips from Not Only But Also which thankfully weren't among the ones that the stupid BBC erased many years ago.






No comments: