Monday 27 November 2017

RETIREE UNIFORMS

I drove The Old Girl into town this morning to catch the bus for Auckland. We had coffee and scones at a cafe in town, she got on the bus and I headed back home.
Monday is rubbish collection day in our area and driving along I saw some jokers putting out their rubbish. I noted some of the newbies - newbies are those Aucklanders who have sold up and moved up here after reaching retirement age. I'm an oldbie having done that nearly 10 years ago.
One of the interesting thing about newbies is the way they dress. There is always a forced attempt to look casual but for ex middle-managers who always dressed in suits and ties for a working day it doesn't come easy.

The result is quite farcical.
Not like this

Not like this




More like this

One guy I saw looked like an accountant or finance director. He was wearing an ironed T-shirt, shorts with a crease in them, knee length socks and sandals. Ridiculous. The outfit screamed 'newbie'.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Agreed. Bank workers on holiday are so easy to spot.