Wednesday 10 July 2019

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I've started a new occasional feature titled 'SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?'


I find with The Old Girl that when she's busy at work during the week she doesn't catch up on current news like I do daily and I have to give her a briefing on the weekend. She pretends to being uninterested and will throw things at me if I persist but deep down I know that she recognises this as a valuable service.

My many readers are probably also busy during the week (certainly too busy to write frequent and interesting posts anyway) so hence the need for this feature 'SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?'

*****************





I heard today that the conniving Philip Morris tobacco company is launching a new tobacco-based e-cigarette named IQOS. See: PHILIP MORRIS IS TARGETING MAORI SMOKERS


While the IQOS - and indeed all e-cigarettes containing nicotine - are banned from sale in Australia, Philip Morris can legally sell it in New Zealand after winning a court case against the Ministry of Health last year.

OK, so why is targeting Maori smokers and areas with high Maori population OK? I understand from a marketing point of view - you fish where the fish are - but this is socially and culturally evil.





What do you think?

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sounds sick to me. Make money at any cost.

Anonymous said...

"What a great Idea The Curmudgeon. I'm impressed at the innovations in your blog(s) and Robert wishes that he could do the same. Keep up the good work."