Friday 26 July 2019

SOME HYGIENE TIPS

No doubt some people will think I'm a crank but here goes:


I put the bed linen through the wash yesterday and, as usual took the cover off the duvet and put that in with the sheets and pillowcases.


As I did this I thought about hotel and motel rooms.

When I stay in these (including Air B&B places) I always take off the bedspread or duvet covers and throw them on the floor. Good hotels and motels should always wash the sheets and pillow cases but how many wash bedspreads, duvet covers and blankets?

A good hotel chain like Hampton do.

A very few do but most don't due to cost.



These are breeding grounds for all sorts of nasty diseases and I bet are filthy with legions of feet, bums and nether regions having been in contact with them not to mention the various bodily fluids that have been secreted onto them.

This leaves blankets and/or the duvet inners which are likely to be dirty as well but less dirty than the coverings. I tell you I've lain awake some nights wondering about this and generally don't enjoy staying in hotels and motels.

****************

I always wash cups and drinking vessels in boiling water if I'm going to use them in hotel or motel rooms. Many places don't take cups and glasses away to be washed and don't replace with sterilised and clean ones. More often than not the housemaid team will simply rinse them out in the basin and then give them a wipe out with the cloth that they've been using to wipe down all of the surfaces including the toilet.

I recommend thoroughly washing out the electric jug if you are staying in a room where you have to go down the corridor to the toilet. It's not unknown for yobbos who can't be bothered doing that to piss in the jug by the bed.


*******************

Be wary of consuming items from mini-bars. Apart from the hellish costs of the wines, spirits and mixers there's always the chance that a previous occupant has drunk from the bottles and topped up with water or worse, piss.

*****************


Well that's it for now but I'll leave you with a little warning drawn from something that happened to me this morning when I went supermarket shopping.

If you are to wander about the supermarket make sure that you have your fly done up and that you don't have some unexplained white stuff on the front of your shirt.

The white stuff was cream cheese from something I'd eaten but the flies were definitely open.
Sorry about that.


Believe me, it's not a good look.





2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

My mother will be turning in her grave! This is 'crankdom' at a SUPER level.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You'll be pleased to know that the pants are safely zipped up and the jumper is in the laundry for washing tomorrow.
The Old Girl drew my attention to the state of my déshabillé when I collected her from the bus after my supermarket adventure.*






No little old ladies were harmed.