Wednesday 31 July 2019

STRANDED IN PARADISE



John Dix's book is a good read if you get a chance.


So - stranded -

It's a beautiful day here - warm and sunny and 'my' tui are singing.

I'm forbidden from playing tennis or going for a walk (The Old Girl's rules) as I've hurt my knee and have to give it rest to heal. I'll drive off to the gym soon as I can do exercises and weights that don't put any pressure on my knee but I still feel frustrated.
I have to get up on the roof to check the guttering so might do that after the gym although 'The News Of The North' - my neighbour Rod has just texted me to say that there's a big storm coming. There's no sign of it yet but the weather can turn quickly up here.

This afternoon I'll read my book and maybe watch something on Netflix. The blogs are a dead loss with neither Richard nor Robert likely to write anything that commands attention. There's only so many stories about house-painting, fitting of violin strings, oven doors and myths about religion that one person can stand. I guess I could look up You Tube for more snail racing videos.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Look on it as holding the fort. Oh, and please try to write something interesting.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I just got back from the gym and it's pissing down.
I'll check out the blogs and see if Richard has .... written something interesting.









Yeah right.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I wonder about the use of Tui as plural. In Italian maybe . Though of course I could be wrong.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You're right you're wrong but you might also be right given that old racist jokers like you still use archaic English pronunciation and grammar when it comes to Maori words.