Monday 15 July 2019

THE SLIPPERY SLOPE






I didn't shower or bathe today.

Even worse I'm still wearing the same clothes, socks  and underwear as I was yesterday.

When I say 'still' I haven't taken them off - I've just kept wearing them since yesterday morning.

The Old Girl (if she knew) would no doubt say to me:

"You're on the slippery slope matey. It was always a risk leaving you on your own during the week and here we are - you're looking like a bag of busted arseholes"


The Old Girl is very critical of me but I have to admit it's all done for my own good I'm sure.

In my defence, if I was having a conversation with her about this I'd tell her that I stayed up all night last night to watch the outstanding cricket final which, regardless of the outcome was the best sporting event I've ever been fortunate enough to see and, as it was about 6.30AM when I switched off, it was too late to go to bed.

I put the rubbish and recycling out, made breakfast and with dawn peeping up behind the mountain I just went about with the day's activities WHILE STILL WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES THAT I WAS WEARING ALL DAY YESTERDAY.

As it's been a cracker of a day I put through and hung out a load of washing, went for a walk, pottered about, brought in the nicely dried washing - still in those same clothes.
By late afternoon there didn't seem to be any point in having a shower or a bath so here I am - a dirty old man.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Have a shower. Please. I think I can smell you down here.