Saturday 23 November 2019

A VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS


Why do we post on blogs?

Is it because we have something useful to say and we think that someone wants to read that?

Or, is it some sort of cathartic thing where you just want to get something off your chest and it becomes like a kind of diary?

Maybe it's a bit of both in my case. Sometimes I write something worthwhile although I admit that I'm lazy and can't be arsed to write anything in depth. Occasionally I get a good idea and jot it down but more often than not I'm just filling in some time - piddling about as the blog(s) have got to be a bit of a habit. They're better than Facebook though so there is that.

Do I want comments on my posts? Not as much as Richard seems to. He measures the success of his posts and of his blog by the number of comments he gets. Poor fellow, but he is a musician so I guess attention seeking and craving for acceptance is in his make-up.

In this blog community there were once quite a few contributors with blogs of their own and also readers who would comment on posts. That's long gone with those bloggers blown away. We've been whittled down to three recently but yesterday Robert the catholic guy cancelled his blog so there are now just two - The Curmudgeon and Richard's Bass Bag.

Richard announced on his blog yesterday that he was going to cut down on commenting and writing posts so I guess that will just leave me to continue. I'll be writing posts to myself I guess which is sort of like talking to myself. I could use The Curmudgeon spin-offs including The Wine Guy ones a lot more I suppose.

I could even put comments on my own posts - sort of like answering myself ....... but that way lies madness.





5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

There is nothing wrong with commenting between your own blogs. I've done that a lot. Maybe Angry Jesus needs to get his blog going again. I might look into that this afternoon.

Richard (of RBB) said...

There is nothing wrong with commenting between your own blogs. I've done that a lot. Maybe Angry Jesus needs to get his blog going again. I might look into that this afternoon.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Oops, the old double comment.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I pretty sure commenting between your own blogs is a sin.

Angry Jesus said...

I'll take it from here Robert. Go have a beer and watch Masterchef.