Friday 1 November 2019

WATER STUFF

Woo hoo and whew!

The plumber came and fixed the leaking water problem yesterday. He replaced a couple of junction pipes and connectors and now we have water flowing to where it should be going to.
It's amazing how dependent we have become on services and when electricity, communications or water are shut down we are fairly helpless.

****************

I've just been watching something else to do with water - the Endeavour replica sailing into Whangarei harbour.




I've been watching it from my deck and it does look magnificent. I can't see any protesting waka rowing out to try and sink it. Early days yet I guess.


2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I like the photo. Looks like the maori are standing up on that rocky mountain

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The mythical ones yes.
Every now and then they hurl those boulders down on to the houses below. The last time this happened was 8 years ago. See

https://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2011/06/rolling-stones.html