Wednesday 27 November 2019

WATCHING .... AND WAITING





I just bought an ARLO Ultra 4K HDR Wifi Security System - 2 Camera Pack on-line from Noel Leeming in their Black Friday Sale deal.
I researched on-line checking prices and this is 2 to 3 hundred dollars off the 'normal' price so that's OK. I also checked reviews and this unit gets some very good ones both here and overseas so I'm happy.


It doesn't automatically mean that I'll be able to install the sucker though as I am a bit of a luddite (sorry The Curmudgeonly Luddite - I should have let you post this). I couldn't get the Chromecast I bought a couple of months ago to work and always have trouble setting up new TVs and video machines. I changed some things around in the lounge today, moving the TV to in front of the fireplace as we won't use that until next winter. The Chromecast was still plugged into the back of the TV so I disconnected it and put it back into the original packaging for storage.

Storage of such items goes like this:

Put item in its packaging ↴
Put package in the cupboard in the study↴
Leave for at least 18 months.↴
After a couple of years move package from the study to the shed.↴
After a few more years move package from the shed to join other unused items under the house.↴
After another couple of years the package and other items are taken to the rubbish dump.

I'm running out of time for this procedure so I should shorten things and give it away or dump it now.

**********************


I bought the security cameras because next year I'll be spending some time in Wellington if all goes well with The Old Girl's work plans and want a bit of extra surveillance around the house. Neighbour Rod will be keeping an eye on the house but it doesn't hurt to have that bit extra.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually I've never been a fan of the ARLO Ultra 4K HDR Wifi Security System - 2 Camera pack because it oscilates left to right. I would have recommened the ARLO Sinba 5k with swivelling heads but I would also installed AC adaptors with an A37 counterstrobe.
Okay, I know nothing about this stuff either.
Sorry.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Hope you get them working. I'm thinking along the same terms.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, got them working.
It all seems OK so far.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Well done. I was thinking about those cameras today.