Saturday 16 November 2019

SO RUDE!

An old retired schoolteacher from Lower Hutt had the temerity to suggest that my previous post was a filler. Bloody cheek! This from a joker who can only manage one post a week nowadays which is probably because he's concentrating on his multi-tasking.



Today is Saturday and it's a lovely day up here. The Old Girl is stuck in Auckland as she has a work assignment so after breakfast (see earlier post) I got stuck into work around the house. Two loads of washing were done and I washed the end of the house. Yes, you heard right, I washed the end of the house or at least the window and door frames. I do this once a year although I should do it more often. Being coastal we get a bit of salt spray and, at this time of year and earlier quite a bit of pollen on the wind. The window and door frames get a build up that requires scrubbing with a brush and washing down with warm soapy water. It's a pain but things look better after it's done. This took a couple of hours and I'm shagged out.

I saw that the HRV control panel is showing that the filters in the ventilation system in the roof need changing. I've cleared the cupboard that gives access to the ceiling and installed a ladder ready for the technician when I make a booking.

I did a big tidy up of the back porch, clearing out the 'boot cabinet' of everything except boots and boat shoes and swept up all the leaves that accumulate there.



Yesterday when I was putting the trailer away after my trip to the tip I managed to munt the locking pin on the trailer coupling. It's 'bent to buggery' as my dad used to say. Following in his tradition I got out a hammer and a lever and bashed shit out of it. Surprisingly this didn't work and only made it worse so I'll have to go to Repco or some place on Monday to get a new one. I need to do this as I promised Rod that he could borrow the trailer on Wednesday for a couple of days while I go to Auckland. We're going to the ... ' Gala Concert In the Presence of Dame Kiri Te Kanawa featuring the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra.' It should be good but I suspect that the mention of Kiri Te Kanawa is merely to get the admission prices up seeing as the old Dame won't actually be singing. Maybe she'll give us a wave.




Filler!

How rude.





1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Now, this post is more like we've come to expect!
Gosh, I feel tired after reading it.