Sunday 17 November 2019

I'M SO SORRY




If CREAM had written 'sorry' instead of 'glad' in this song it could have been the feature of this post.

I'M SO SORRY, SORRY, GLAD

Anyway, I'm sorry that yesterday I was so concerned about Venice (spelled Venice) and its flooding issues that I forgot to tell you what I cooked for dinner. You learned about my breakfast - Weetbix mush and lunch was prosaic - baked beans on toast but dinner was a masterpiece. Venison pie.

I had some venison mince in the freezer so used this as base for a pie filling. I sautéed garlic, onion and capsicum with the mince and added some lamb jus that The Old Girl had made and froze. I par-boiled some diced carrot and potato and put this in after the meat mixture cooked. Oregano, rosemary, soy sauce and a dash of Worcester seasoned it nicely.

Two sheets of pastry from the freezer was enough to make four 'Cornish-type' pasties. I cooked these and ate one for tea with leek and spinach sautéed with garlic. Yummy. I'll have another today for lunch and have frozen the remaining two.

That's it! Sorry about the delay.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Here's a slightly religious comment - God Almighty!
Now I know what we will get to read in Hell!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes but the next quarter frequency stats are going to look good.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, you have a point there.