Saturday 16 November 2019

'BABY FOOD'



I've just had my breakfast which was Weetbix with my All Bran mix.
The Old Girl calls this 'baby food' or mush. She's a bit scathing about some of my culinary preferences but, when it comes to breakfast cereals she eats coarse porridge oats seasoned with salt. SALT! no sugar - just a little bit of low fat milk. What's that about? I guess the asceticism stems from the fact that she was born in Aberdeen.




I make my 'mush' by covering 4 biscuits of Weetbix with boiling water to soften it and then drown in full fat milk. Yummy. It has a delightful mushy consistency. If not using my All Bran mix I sweeten with some raw sugar.

My All Bran mixture has to be prepared in advance and sometimes I haven't done this. What I do is mix All Bran, apple sauce and prune juice together and keep in the fridge for use during the week. A couple of tablespoons of this mixture on top of the Weetbix 'mush' is "very tasty, very sweet" as said by Corporal Jones.







2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I assume that this is a filler post.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes. It fillered me up this morning.*








* The Curmudgeons Inc. - famous for puns and word jokes.