Sunday 1 December 2019

REVIEW TIME

THE BLUE MAN is new to our blogging community and has made quite an impact already with acknowledgements from Robert of ROBERT'S ROSARY and Richard of RICHARD'S BASS BAG.*
RICHARD'S BASS BAG  has already listed THE BLUE MAN on its links list which editor Richard seems to think is a big deal.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote that THE BLUE MAN would be on a trial to see if he merits being associated with THE CURMUDGEONS INC.ⓒ . I'm happy to announce that he is on our links list and is easily available for readers to access.

I've invited THE BLUE MAN in for a chat.

THE CURMUDGEON: Welcome Blue Man. Pleased you could make it. Can I get you a wine?

THE BLUE MAN: Yes please TC. A chardonnay if you have one .... er ..... do you have one in a labelled bottle?

THE CURMUDGEON: Of course. We here at THE CURMUDGEONS INC.ⓒ and THE WINE GUY(s) only drink wine from bottles with labels on them. We do like to set certain standards you know not like .... well, not like others.

THE BLUE MAN: Ha ha, I know what you mean. Hey! This is good. Hawkes Bay? Barrel fermented and barrel aged. 2016 - a good vintage. Nice.

THE CURMUDGEON: I'm pleased to see that you like your wine Blue. I'll tell THE WINE GUY.

THE BLUE MAN: Yes, I do like wine. Mike tried to poison me with some Chinese wine once - interestingly it was in a blue bottle but it didn't put me off drinking wine in general.

THE CURMUDGEON: "In general"? Ah me! Better give me the khakis if you're driving Blue, hah ha.

THE BLUE MAN: Ha ha TC. I heard that you're good at the puns. Now what did you want to talk about?

THE CURMUDGEON: OK Blue. You know that I said that we'd have a kind of trial or apprenticeship before any discussion about becoming a member of .....

THE BLUE MAN: I'll interrupt you there TC .... look, I've thought about it but I've decided that I want to stay independent. I ....

THE CURMUDGEON: Great! I mean that's good .... yes, we came to the same conclusion. I was a bit worried at telling you but it seems that we're on the same wavelength. By the way I added you the THE CURMUDGEON's links list.

THE BLUE MAN: Thanks TC, that'll be useful.

THE CURMUDGEON: Oh, Richard said that he added you on to RICHARD's BASS BAG links list too.

THE BLUE MAN: Ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

THE CURMUDGEON: Ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah yes, that's a good one alright. Robert might add you on ...... oo ee I can't ....... can't hahahahahahahahahahha

THE BLUE MAN: Ha ha, yes, we'll see. It's good to have temporary back-up.

THE CURMUDGEON: Well Robert's good at getting people's backs up ha ha ha (etc)

THE BLUE MAN: I'm going to like it here.

THE CURMUDGEON: Just watch out though. Robert tends to go off topic a lot.

THE BLUE MAN: OK, point taken. Anymore of that delicious wine?














* Hey, I know they're not Noem Chomsky or Sam Harris but we'll take what's on offer.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The blue chap has increased his readership by three. Well done The Curmudgeon Ink!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, it's a valuable link for newcomers.