Tuesday 3 December 2019

BUSY AND EXCITING TIMES

The Old Girl is away this week, this weekend and next week so I'll have time to write some posts as both THE CURMUDGEON AND THE BLUE MAN. THE WINE GUY is long overdue for a post or two as are these worthy contributors:

THE CULTURED CURMUDGEON
THE CURMUDGEON EXPRESS
THE CURMUDGEON'S AGONY AUNT
THE DARKER CURMUDGEON
THE FOOD CURMUDGEON
THE MUNDANE CURMUDGEON
THE MUSIC CURMUDGEON
THE PHILOSOPHICAL CURMUDGEON
THE POLEMICAL CURMUDGEON
THE RELIGIOUS CURMUDGEON
THE TWITTER CURMUDGEON
THECURMUDGEONLY INVENTOR

and

Lynn was supposed to be at a two day seminar starting today in Wellington. I drove her to Whangarei airport at 6AM today to fly to Auckland. She got away OK but the Auckland to Wellington flight was cancelled. She's hoping to get to Wellington tomorrow for the second day of the seminar.

Anyway, I'm up here on my own for a couple of weeks (her cousins drove off to Napier this morning) so might as well get the old blogging going.*

***************

I had root canal work done on a tooth today - actually two teeth as the infection was beneath both. I have to go back in a week for continuation of the procedure. $250 today and a lot more next week I guess. The quote for the job last week was $1100! The Air New Zealand alert I received today said I could fly return to Europe for that. My jaw is still numb from the anaesthetic and I suspect that when that wears off it's going to hurt like hell as the dentist drilled right down below the teeth with a variety of instruments including, I swear, a jackhammer.



If I take a painkiller later, on top of the excellent chardonnay I'm drinking (Church Road Grand Reserve 2016) then I'll go a bit do-lally  - which fortunately won't affect the quality of the blog posts and may well improve them.

***************

I see that Robert came back, reincarnated as THE WHORE OF BABYLON:



...... which, quite frankly sounds a lot more interesting than his previous manifestations so things might be looking up as Richard said as a schoolboy under the stairs at his primary school in Wellington in the 1960s.

Richard however immediately decided to pick a fight with the whore so we'll just have to see how long this one lasts.



*STAY ALERT AND WATCH OUT FOR THE POSTS*







* It's a saying that we use in the blogging community - "get the old blogging going" means update the blogs and stuff.

3 comments:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

*** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***

I'm a bit tired tonight so THE CURMUDGEONS INC. will be closing down until Wednesday 4th December.

Stay Tuned Folks!*










* Here you should imagine a cartoon image of Bugs Bunny.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hope the mouth is feeling okay.
This is very exciting news about all the posts!








NOT

Richard (of RBB) said...

So, where are all these posts?