Saturday 26 December 2020

DONE IT

 I've been looking to buy a cordless lawnmower for some time and have compared, online, EGO, Greenworks, Ryobi, Stihl and other brands. The price vs power and reliability factor favoured EGO which, as expected was the second most expensive brand (after Stihl).

I waited for the Black Friday sales in November but EGO wasn't discounted. Today, EGO at Mitre 10 also wasn't discounted but there was a bundling deal that I took advantage of. EGO are offering a free extra  battery (value a couple of hundred dollars) for all purchases over $800. In addition, Mitre 10 offered $15 vouchers for every $100 spend today. I managed to get $135 worth of vouchers. This along with the free extra battery makes the deal attractive so I bought the push 16.5 inch Deck  56 Volt 5AH Battery model.


I'll wait for the lawn to dry out before giving it a try out. 

I'll also have to, unfortunately, climb under the house to check out a possible water leak. 

We had a problem over a year ago and I'm hoping that it isn't something similar see: HERE


Murphy's Law says that these problems will spring up (see what I did there?) at Christmas and other holiday times. As it's a fankle getting right under the house at the lowest points and if there is a leak the ground will be muddy, I bought a pair of disposable overalls from Mitre 10 this morning.




Hopefully it won't be as serious as before.*





* I've just been under the houses and yes it is as serious as before.

The leak once again is in the furthest and narrowest part of the crawl space.

I've rung a plumber who may be able to get the fix done tomorrow. This time I'll ask him for a quote for replacing the entire under house pipes






6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The lawnmower part wasn't very interesting (zzzzzzzz) but I'll give the leaking pipe 6/10.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yeah well, each to their own taste.
You'd probably prefer to read Annie Proulx than Marcel Proust.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I read this post in a monotone voice like someone really depressed and it made it really funny!

Richard (of RBB) said...

You must have just received the eucharist because I didn't find this post funny.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You look like a giant sperm in that outfit.

THE WINE GUY said...

Rude!