Monday 14 December 2020

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS ....

 ..... OF THE WORLD!


My view from the R.A, Vance stand at the Basin Reserve

What a treat. I went to the Basin Reserve this morning to watch the 4th day of the NZ vs West Indies test match. New Zealand bowled out the indies in about an hour to secure an outstanding victory.

This means that the Black Caps have now been unbeaten (at home) for 15 straight tests including 11 wins. It also places New Zealand as the number one test team in the world which is looking good for next year’s World Test Championship. Well done guys.

I'm glad that I went along this morning, and that I got there early as the match started half an hour early and only lasted an hour. I'm quite pleased about that really as it was bloody cold. I hadn't dressed for a Wellington Summer and, silly me, was wearing shorts and tee shirt with just a light sleeveless vest. What was I thinking?




I only had two arguments at the entrance gates. The first was with a security guy who was inspecting bags and who demanded that I tip out the water from my drink bottle. WTF? He was unable or unwilling to explain why this was necessary - just saying that it was the rules. I did so thinking that this was a ploy to sell water inside the venue but I was able to fill my bottle up again with free, chilled and filtered water at a kiosk. 

Weird!


The other argument was with another person who wouldn't let me take my umbrella in with me. I showed him my covered stand ticket ($10) and said I wouldn't be opening the umbrella in a covered stand but no, I had to leave it at the tickets trailer.

Weird!


3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Good on you for fronting up and paying to attend. I'll let you use the term "We won" with immunity.
I would have thought the person paid the minimum wage would have informed you that you could refill your drink bottle once inside!

THE WINE GUY said...

"I'll let you use the term "We won" with immunity."

I'll accept 'with impunity'. I feel OK, biologically speaking.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You boys behave. That's just not cricket!