Friday 18 December 2020

WHO CARES? ....

  ..... I've been saying to The Old Girl for a couple of years now whenever there is television reporting  or conversation on The America's Cup.


My observations have been along the lines of:

  • It's like watching paint dry
  • It's not sport it's just a rich man's folly
  • It's a bloody waste of money
  • It's a bloody waste of time
  • It's like a bloody bass solo
  • It's like a bloody sermon in church 
and,
  • It's a bloody shame that I'm no longer in a senior position in the wine industry otherwise we would get invitations to watch the series on a VIP boat while drinking Champagne.
****************

Well, bugger me (as Father Minto probably used to say), yesterday, at tennis someone asked me if I was going to watch the preliminary round robin races live on TV.  No, I responded:

  • It's like watching paint dry
  • It's not sport it's just a rich man's folly
  • It's a bloody waste of money
  • It's a bloody waste of time
  • It's like a bloody bass solo
  • It's like a bloody sermon in church 
Rick, the guy who asked me, followed on by saying that each race only lasts about 15 minutes and that the boats travel amazingly fast making it quite exciting. My interest was pricked.

I watched the New Zealand boat thrash the Italian one yesterday and found it to be very exciting.
I cocked up though thinking that there would only be the one race and switched off missing the Yanks beating NZ The yanks beating the Brits and the Italians beating the Brits.

Today I'm watching again and saw NZ beat the Brits . The Italians beat the Yanks. The Yanks come back to beat the Italians. The NZ/Brit rematch will happen soon.




Guess what?

I'm hooked!




Let's go to the other bloggers to find out what they think?

Richard (of RBB): "How do they get those lines on the water in the Hauraki Gulf?

Robert The Sinner: "My dad wouldn't consider these guys to be real sailors.

Richard (of RBB): "How do they get those lines on the water? Are they painted on?

Robert The Sinner: "Jesus was a sailor. He could beat them".

Richard (of RBB): "I still don't get how they get those lines on the water."

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

That was a post.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Choose one word to go in the space.

That was a __________________ post.

(crappy, short, long, shit, pointless, painful, childish)

Richard (of RBB) said...

Choose one word to go in the space.

____________ could have done better.

(Robert, Minto, Woodcock, Durning)