Wednesday 23 December 2020

HERE WE GO. (PART TWO).

 The paintings.

"Where's the Sinclair painting I like" asked The Old Girl.

After a bit of a hunt around I remembered where I had put it - in a little alcove in the bedroom above the chest of drawers*.



"What's it doing there?" she asked "I like it in front of the wood burner in the lounge."

"But I had to move it when the fireplace repair people came" I replied.

"OK, but I want it back" she said.



It's back

"What will I put in the alcove now" I asked plaintively.

She looked around and said "What about your tui?"


The tui painting in question has been sitting on top of the record player that we never use. I like this little painting by a local artist but The Old Gill isn't that fussed on it.

"OK" I said "I'll move it."



This means that the stand on top of the record player is empty.



I'm tempted to put something bizarre on it like one of those bloody cushions she has scattered over the furniture. Not now though, I'll do it later and see how long it takes her to notice it.

Right now I'm going to have a glass of Hawkes Bay rose. A big one!








* The chest of drawers will feature in HERE WE GO (PART THREE).


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You are a martyr for the freedom of other men. I'd write more but I need to get the mistress's meal organized. Sempre forte!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sometimes I think Richard's wit goes unrewarded. Send him that beautiful painting of the Tui that is redundant.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

True that Richard's 'wit' goes unrewarded. That's why he's still a free man, relatively intact.
The tui painting, which is indeed very nice, is not redundant to me.