Friday 18 December 2020

MAYBE THEY THOUGHT YOU WERE A SEAGULL .....

 ..... said The Old Girl when I told her that i'd been bombarded by seagulls (red-billed gulls) along our street on my walk this morning.



Now I may look like a lot of things but a seagull isn't one of them.

If I looked at all like anything that flies it would probably be this little fat joker who graces a corner of our snooker room.



I've been bombarded by seagulls before. See: HERE at roughly the same time of year which is nesting season I guess.


The walk was lovely but I'm not as fit as I should or could be. I'll have to make a bit of an effort this summer. The Old Girl being up here will help as she is determined to get back the fitness she lost through being in Wellington this year and not running. She has just headed out for a run around the bays. This of course gives me a blogging opportunity as I can access the study to use my main computer.


I set up the lap-top in the lounge yesterday while I was watching the America's Cup races  live on TV.

I saw the 'New Zealand' boat trounce the pesky Italians but then switched off as I didn't realise that there were other races. I missed the Kiwis being beaten by the Yanks. Probably just as well.

I'll read the programme details better next time and find out when the next race is on.





3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

This is not the first time you've bothered nesting seagulls. On Somes Island you bothered fat little black birds with long beaks too.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I suppose they heard it on tweet.

THE WINE GUY said...

No, I think more likely on the 'squawk box,.