Monday 21 December 2020

HOW CAN YOU KEEP ON MOVING ....

 --- UNLESS YOU MIGRATE TOO?


HOW CAN YOU KEEP ON MOVING? - RY COODER


Richard asked where I'm posting from.



I know that he's just trying to exercise control over the blogs that he's let slip in recent times but it does raise the question: Where did you write this post?

My normal posting location - the study - is now out of bounds since The Old Girl has taken it over as her office.


My usual location - the study.



Now I've been moved to the lounge/dining area where I've set up the laptop.


I suspect though - I've overheard some grumbling - that I'll be kicked out of here because - "you're making a mess Matey".


In anticipation of this I've scouted around and have in mind, if I'm kicked off the dining table,  camping out in the kitchen area at the rear of the house.


This might do for a while, until she comes down to see what I'm up to when I'll no doubt be moved along again. It will only be temporary anyway as when guests arrive over New Years the other lounge and kitchen area will have to be cleared and kept tidy.


Richard's question: "Do you have a garage?" will be prescient then. No we don't have a garage but we do have a shed.



I have my suspicions though, that in the new year, The Old Girl will have a look inside 'my' shed, demand that it is tidied up and will find some other purpose for it.


If this happens I'll be moving to:


The woodshed.




I'll be OK in there for a while and will have to rely on the battery in the laptop. Things could continue as normal for a while unless I'm booted out into the basement area under the house.

This is very spacious but at best requires walking around in a stooped position and at worst, where it's very cramped, lying on you back as I had to do when fixing a water leak a couple of years ago.


There's always the attic though.


(picture pending)


I do have my ipad which I use for reading e-books, catching up on news and reading the blogs but this is hopeless for actually writing and publishing  posts. For one it defaults to The Wine Guy setting for some reason and there's only so much that you can talk about on wine and, secondly,  it's very difficult to insert videos, images and links to older posts which I like to do.






5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

How about you send the general idea to me, with any relevant pictures, and I'll flash it out and add a bit of flair?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Flash = flesh

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

How about you create a new persona titled "From my Partner's perspective". I just do not feel we are getting a fair and unbiased account of this.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

For Richard.

https://youtu.be/YzxzymirDlA

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, he's just like me. Except that I can still use my computer in the 'study'. 😂🤣😊🤣





Who is the winner there, Mr Woodshed boy? 🤣😊😂🤣😊😂