Monday 22 March 2021

SILENCE IS GOLDEN*

 * Well, according to The Old Girl anyway when she's working in the study.




The noises I make, which are entirely normal I might add, tend to annoy her.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I got the stereo going again by purchasing a replacement CD-changer from Trade Me. It works brilliantly and I'm rediscovering my old favourite albums whether they be blues, jazz, opera, classical, R&B, rock or pop. I realise that I haven't bought any new music for years having depended on YouTube through the TV to listen to music. As a consequence the newer music, particularly some of the New Zealand artists I like like Aldous Harding, Marlon Williams, Nadia Reid and others are missing. Nevermind - I've still got lots of catching up to do. I can also listen to National Radio through the stereo receiver.


All good but - remember The Old Girl. 



It's no good listening to music on the lowest possible volume setting especially when your hearing is impaired like mine is. The answer had to be headphones.

The headphones and earphones we have are all designed for iPads and iPhones and are bluetooth and mostly wireless. The serero system we have is over 20 years old, has no bluetooth and definitely requires plug in headphones. The jack-plug is also 6.3mm so the tiny plug ins for any wired earphones we have are no good. 

I looked on Trade Me and bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum headphones for $140. I've priced these in Noel Leeming for nearly $500 so I'm happy.



They will hopefully come in a day or so and with both 3.5mm and 6.3mm jack plugs and a long lead.

I can't wait. I'll be able to listen to either the radio or CDs while sitting at the laptop in the lounge.






6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You'll be able to listen to Christian music without anyone knowing.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Norman Greenbaum's 'Spirit In The Sky' is as near as I'll go to that.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Wow, sounds like a bargain.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No new post? Why?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That other Norman Greenbaum song 'Save me for a rainy day' springs to mind.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Headphones arrived today and they are great.
I can listen to all of my "60s and 70s crap" according to The Old Girl and to National Radio anytime of the day without interrupting her work. Beauty!