Wednesday 24 March 2021

'ERE 'ERE!

This is probably just a first world problem that's isolated to my place but, from time to time it pisses me off. 


The Old Girl aka The Love Of My life has developed a habit of listening to music and audio books through her earphones most of the day and night. In addition to this, when she is working in the study she has over ear headphones on because she is often on conference calls or in online meetings. This makes actually talking to her difficult.

I know that a lot of spouses might consider this to be a dream scenario and one that 'lets them off the hook' for lots of things but I find it annoying.

When I want to ask her something or tell her something or. just say something, I'm always conscious that it interrupts what she is listening to. Sometimes it doesn't seem to matter but, at other times like this evening, she impatiently took the earphones off and said "what!" OK, that doesn't seem extreme but the question I asked her was  what she wanted in her salad that I was making for her. I thought that this was definitely more in her interest than whatever rubbish she was listening to.

Maybe, of course she isn't listening to anything and it's just a ruse to block me out.




Anyway, read this: Earphones

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

No reply from Robert? Maybe he's got his headphones on?

THE WINE GUY said...

I've had mine on while writing a MASSIVE NEW AND GROUNDBREAKING POST FROM THE WINE GUY*

I trust that you've had a nice evening as well.











* It's a work in progress as, half way through, I finished the (self) allocated amount of writer's wine and will have to pick it up again tomorrow.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I assume you're writing from the woodshed.